11/24/2007

Changing of Holidays

I had not intended on letting several days go by without blogging. Thursday, of course, was filled with time with family and celebrating. Trent and I started our day at his parents' house for lunch. Later we drove a little further west and visited with my dad's family. Finally returning home after midnight! It was a blessing to see so many of our family members in one day especially those we don't have an opportunity to see quite as often. And we met our new niece for the first time. :)

Yesterday is still a blur due to a migraine so I'm trying to make up for it a bit today. Following the NCSU football game (which I think I'd rather be a blur as well!), we bought our Christmas tree. It's officially standing in its spot in the living room. We'll wait until at least tomorrow before beginning to decorate as the limbs need to drop a bit. But I did switch the wreaths on the front door - placing the fall wreath in storage and hanging the Christmas one. Our home is beginning to look and smell (love that fresh evergreen!) a bit like Christmas.

I couldn't get motivated, however, to do any Christmas scrapbook layouts today. I switched the slide show in the left hand column to feature some Christmas & winter layouts I've done in the past. Maybe they'll inspire me. But I was able to find motivation to complete another Disney layout. Here's my take on the Monsters Inc Laugh Floor:
Supplies: Misc purple cardstock; Uniball signo white pen; Micron black pen; EK Success striped PP and Mike Wazowski sticker; Making Memories brads; stamp ink pad; Times New Roman and Gilligans Island fonts.

2ps Blog Challenge:
What's the latest movie you have seen?

Trent and I watched Transformers last night. He had borrowed the DVD from a co-worker. While I didn't dislike it, in my opinion, it dragged on a bit (seriously could they have spent anymore time having the kid search his room for the glasses???). Parts of it seemed a bit predictable, but the end didn't quite come together as I expected which isn't a bad thing.

7 comments:

  1. Adorable lo:) I really enjoyed Transformers. My DH refuses to watch it because he said they didn't stay true enough to the actual transformers. MEN!!LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the layout! And I love that fresh pine smell, too! Hope you are feeling better. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great layout! Love the bright colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've been a busy girl! What a fun layout!!

    Haven't seen the movie and think I'm thankful my boys aren't old enough to be interested!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great layout! My nephew is a HUGE transformer fan. I guess my kids are to old for it?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great LO. I got Transformers for my hubby and son...haven't seen it myself. Kind of a chick flick girl. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a fun layout :)

    my brother loves Transformers,lol

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I enjoy reading them all. :)