3/31/2010

Christmas Tree Farm

Last Thanksgiving, Dylan & I accompanied my mother & stepfather to a farm to help pick out their Christmas tree. It was a beautiful, cold day and you could see snow falling on the Blue Ridge Mountains in the distance. Perfect day for cutting down a Christmas tree.

This is the page I created for Dylan's album about our adventure and the inspiration for my Friday Freebie digital template in late February:

I used an edge scraper to rough up the edges of the patterned paper strips and give a little texture to the page:

Supplies: Bazzill cardstock; Basic Grey patterned paper; Making Memories edge scraper; Signo Uniball white pen; business card.

Bookmark and Share

5 comments:

  1. Love the simplicity of this layout!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a great idea using the card in the layout! Love it

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with Tina, love that b-card, and great photo of y'all, too. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute! I love using an edge scraper - it really adds a lot. :)

    Thanks for coming by The Sweetest Petunia! Feel free to stop by any time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great page! Love the line and all the space...really draws you in.

    Sarah, I ALMOST chose that template/ background for my blog! It looks like scrapbooking paper! Looks great!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I enjoy reading them all. :)