12/09/2013

The Tree was Trimmed

We bought our tree on December 1st. Added lights the next day. And then finally got around to the ornaments yesterday. It's been a busy month already so we intentionally saved the ornaments to a day when we had time to devote to them.

I set up the DSLR on a tripod and used the timer to take a few photos trying to get a picture of all 3 of us for our December Daily album. The only shot that had all 3? This one and it cracks me up.


I guess Trent & I didn't realize that we were actually in the shot plus we were laughing at the fact that every time Dylan heard the camera timer beeping speed up, he stopped and posed. So much for a "natural shot."

My other big achievement of the weekend - a new handmade tree skirt.


I've wanted to make my own tree skirt for years but the project kept hitting the back burner only to be forgotten for another season. This year I was determined it would happen and went shopping last week for fabric. Pattern is by Amy Butler Design. I opted to leave off the buttons and used white fleece instead of wool felt so it is machine washable.


It took a good part of two days. A bit of frustration at times as I read and reread the instructions. One section seam ripped and restarted. But it's done and I absolutely love it. So nice to finally have this project completed and able to enjoy for many years to come.

3 comments:

  1. Sarah, I just love your tree skirt. I agree that those patterns are not easy to follow in any sense of the word. You stuck with it and it looks GREAT! Love the fleece rather than felt, too. Good job! Merry Christmas to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mame! The pattern seemed simple until I was in the middle of it. ;) Oh, well. Completed now and I'm happy with the result. A very Merry Christmas to you as well!

      Delete
  2. I actually quite like the tree photo ... it really shows the love you have for your son.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I enjoy reading them all. :)