9/20/2011

Shirt & Tie Bibs

I mentioned in yesterday's post that the only girl in our playgroup celebrated her 2nd birthday over the weekend. When I stumbled across the idea of Shirt & Tie Bibs by Modest Maven on Pinterest, I instantly thought of our playgroup and how cute the 2 year old boys would look wearing them at her party. I used newspaper, a black Sharpie & one of Dylan's bibs to create the basic bib pattern. The tie & collar pieces I sketched freehand. Playing around with various fun print fabrics and coordinating solids, the end result were these 5 bibs ...



Supplies: assorted cotton & broadcloth fabrics from JoAnn Fabrics & personal stash; fusible interfacing; Pellon Wonder Under; Sulky Tear-Easy Stabilizer; Coats & Clark threads; snaps.

4 comments:

  1. How adorable! Gives new meaning to dressing for dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw these in person and they are, indeed, super cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so cute! Great idea for the boys' party attire.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are sooo cool. I need some for Carsyn! Let me know how much and I will pay you to make some!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I enjoy reading them all. :)