5/19/2014

Grateful

Can I stress that word enough?? It's easy to get lost in the craziness of life and forget to be grateful. I assure you, I had a bit of forgetfulness yesterday. But as I write this, I'm glad it was just a moment and that I'm finding a lot to be grateful for lately ...

Morning Sickness - say what?? Yes, I am very grateful for morning sickness. This pregnancy has been far rougher on me. I've been much sicker and I am grateful for this. After 2 miscarriages, I'll happily be sick (and accept that Zofran prescription from my OB - thank you, doctor) as I know it's all a sign everything is going well.

Weekend Trip - we pulled off a weekend trip to Virginia with my sister, brother-in-law and brother to surprise my mom for her birthday yesterday. So grateful we could all manage to be there, surprise her and have quality time together. Such a fun time. Counting down to our next get together.

The Breakdown - so, no, of course I'm not grateful our car broke down yesterday. This would be that point of "forgetfulness" I mentioned in the beginning. We weren't quite halfway home on a 4 and a half hour trip. I was grateful though that we were all okay, we had nearby family that came to our assistance and we had AAA who towed our car to a local mechanic. The car can't be seen until this morning so we had to leave it and rent a car to get home, but again, we're all safe. That is by far the most important thing. I was already looking back and laughing last night. It'll just go down as one of those trips that you never forget and keep retelling the tale in years to come.

Now, the reason we had to get home last night and other thing I am very grateful for right now - our Ultrasound Appointment today! This morning we get our 3rd peek at our baby and, assuming this little one participates, we'll learn whether we're having a boy or girl. Dylan has been firm in his belief from the beginning that he's getting a sister. As for Trent and me? We haven't a clue. All we want is healthy. Either is a blessing.


What are you grateful for right now?

9 comments:

  1. Enjoy your appt today! Exciting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! We did and it was exciting. Getting a peek during pregnancy never gets old. :)

      Delete
  2. Great perspectives! As for me, I'm grateful for life, and despite its challenges, it really is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true! If it was all easy, we wouldn't appreciate what we have.

      Delete
  3. Beautifully worded and written, Sarah. I am so excited for you. I'm glad you're doing well and despite the sickkies - Zofran truly is a miracle drug! - that you're feeling well and happy and grateful and all that good stuff with loads and loads of love. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Zofran is a miracle drug and, honestly, I'll take the sickness the entire pregnancy if that means she's healthy! Far more important and I can deal for 9 months.

      Delete
  4. Congratulations on your pregnancy! I was so sick with both of my healthy pregnancies, and my doctor also told me that it was a good sign (I had no sickness at all with my miscarriage) - so I was oddly happy to feel sick too! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I was barely sick with the first miscarriage and not at all the 2nd (too early) so I have been celebrating the sickness this time around. Hope you have a wonderful weekend as well!

      Delete
  5. Congrats! (Stopping in from #typeaparent :) )

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I enjoy reading them all. :)