4/07/2008

summer of 86

A page for Trent's childhood album. Found this cute photo of him & his older brother just goofing off and having fun. One of the prompts for April in the Autumn Leaves designing with 2008 calendar was to use flowers on a boy page. I picked some Primas from my stash that closely match the 70s pattern on the couch. :)

Supplies: misc. cardstock; Prima flowers; Making Memories brads, rub-ons and TinyAlpha; Autumn Leaves journaling stamp; Creative Imaginations patterned paper; Li'l Davis rub-on letters. Inspired by Apr 10 and 26/27 of dw2008.

2ps blog challenge:
Do you have spring projects you're excited to do? If so, what are they?
My spring projects typically revolve around my yard & gardens. I'm already searching for the perfect hanging baskets for my front porch. Through trial and error, I've learned that my personal preference is ivy-leaf geraniums. They look gorgeous and handle the sun and dryness of our west facing porch.

Next on the list will be shopping for vegetables for our garden. We typically grow tomatoes, peppers, lettuces, strawberries and a variety of herbs. I love being able to step outside in the summer and pluck food for our dinners. :)

8 comments:

  1. Love the layout! Don't you just love finding old pictures like that? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great layout!! Ah...the 70s...I recall some very obnoxious wallpaper patterns in the house I grew up in back in Scotland :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful layout. Love the flowers you used. Great photo you found. Isn't it nice when you stumble upon a photo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the layout and the use of flowers! That picture is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the layout! It's so neat that you're making a childhood album for him. That is just wonderful.

    My spring projects will also be outside. It's time to think about that, and I'm anxious to start on our flower beds! Wish we had garden. Here's to a great growing season!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this LO. I think we had the same couch. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice layout. I'm jealous re: your gardens...there is nothing better than a garden grown tomato in the summer!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I enjoy reading them all. :)