2/05/2014

Valentine's Robot T-Shirt


I have a small surprise for Dylan next week - a fun Valentine's Robot T-Shirt. He knew I was going to make him a shirt and I asked for his preference between a dinosaur or a robot. He chose a robot. While the boys were out on Saturday morning, I quickly sketched up a design, cut it out of freezer paper using my X-acto knife (those design school skills pay off when you don't have an electric cutter!) and painted it in using fabric paint.


I kept the design simple and not too "Valentine's" minus the red paint and little heart so he can wear it beyond this month. I also bought the shirt a size larger with hopes that he'll be able to wear it next year too. Now to keep it a secret for another week. I can't wait to show him.

Do you have a special Valentine's shirt or outfit?

Supplies: Old Navy shirt - clearance $2.54; Tulip fabric paint; freezer paper


14 comments:

  1. Oh my 2 yo son would love this...he is actually sitting here with me saying "OOOH! Robot shirt!" Visiting from the SITS Sharefest. Have a great Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! What a huge compliment that your son likes it. :)

      Delete
  2. So cute- I love that the little robot and that he is a subtle V-day design. Visiting from SITS. Have a good rest of your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is adorable! I wish I had done something like this for my 2-year old!
    Visiting from SITS.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this!! Wish I was crafty enough to draw something like this and make it for my boys!! #SITSBlogging

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH, that's super cute. Nice to have something that a boy will love but that is a little holiday as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This shirt is sooooooooo cuuuuuute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, my! That is so creative and adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is absolutely adorable!!!! My little guy would love that!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I enjoy reading them all. :)