8/19/2013

The Art of the Brick

We learned about The Art of the Brick during a visit to the Children's Museum of Alamance County back in the spring. I was excited the exhibit is finally here and open. We spent part of a very rainy day on Saturday in Graham viewing the many sculptures by Nathan Sawaya.


I selected a few of my favorite photos for a simple, clean lined page to add to Dylan's scrapbook. My favorite photo is the one of him (on his toes!) peering up at the guy looking as his reflection in a pool of water. But the best moment was when he spotted the Hugman sculpture (before we did) and ran over for a closer look.

The Art of the Brick combined two loves for all of us - Legos and art. Inspired, we spent a good part of Sunday playing with and organizing Dylan's Lego collection.

See the above photos and a few more in my Art of the Brick set on Flickr.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! I enjoy reading them all. :)