8/12/2009

First Restaurant Trip

Dylan had his first restaurant trip today. We went to lunch with four other moms and babies from the prenatal water aerobics class I took in the first half of the year. It was so much fun catching up and meeting the babies who ranged from our 3.5 weeks up to 12 weeks. We met at Foster's Market in Durham and, thanks to cool weather, sat out on the covered porch to eat.

Dylan was the only baby to sleep through the entire adventure:


Afterwards, I decided to take my chances and detour by Babies R Us on the way home. I needed a couple of items and it was on the way. Dylan woke up about 3 miles from the store and cried a little - stopping just short of the store. I went on after promising him we'd be quick. He was a complete angel in the store - enjoying the ride and looking at the bright lights.

One of the reasons for our stop was a little gift for him - carrier strap covers. Trent & I have been thinking those straps might be cutting into his neck. We also realized tonight that the straps were set one notch too low (our little guy is growing!). After the adjustment and addition of the covers, he was one happy little guy before our evening walk:



14 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had lots of fun!!
    Your little guy is just so cute.. I love seeing all the pics of him..
    Thanks for shareing him with all your bloggy friends..

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like a fun day. I think it's great that you're keeping in touch with the girls from prenatal classes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful day and what a handsome little guy too!

    I know it's been a while since I've stopped by but I have so enjoyed catching up on everything that has been going on in your life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful little guy! He is precious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweetheart! I definitely remember those early first outings. We had no clue what we were doing! Sounds like you have everything under control, Sarah! He's so precious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh- what an ADORABLE baby boy!!! Congratulations!!!!!!!!!

    He's so cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. He is adorable! It is great that you are able to get together with other moms, hope it continues.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a lot of fun. Dylan is adorable Sarah, God Bless him. You need to scrap these pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aw Sarah he is so adorable! I'm so happy for you, he sounds like such a good baby. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad you had such a nice day out! He is just adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow so little.

    namaste
    Melina
    IT IS A BLOG HOP!
    Leave a comment on my post to be entered into a prize drawing. Visit one or visit them all, the more blogs you visit the more chances you will have to win. The blog hop ends on Sunday August 16th 11:59 PDT.

    living, creating, and appreciating
    ~my blog
    Daisy girl for Color Me Daisy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those covers are a great invention :) It's the little things that make the difference!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I enjoy reading them all. :)