3/11/2013

Homemade Birdseed Molds

I've been trying to get a number of items checked off the "to do" list especially ideas I've pinned. This was a project I planned to do a year ago and was shared by Stomping in the Mud blog. Finally, Dylan & I got out on a warm (50s) afternoon and made it a reality.

Supplies

  • 3/4 cup of Flour
  • 1/2 cup of Water
  • Unflavored Gelatin
  • 1 cup of Birdseed
  • Muffin tin coated with nonstick spray 
  • Straws (we used 2 cut into 3 pieces each)

Start by mixing the flour, water and gelatin.


Add the birdseed. We poured about 1 cup into our bowl. I don't have any pictures as we quickly realized it was much easier to mix with our hands versus a spoon. It really has a fun texture and cleans off easily.

After it's fully combined, press the mix into the muffin tin sections. Then insert a small straw into the middle.


Let the molds dry for several hours. Or, if you're like me and forget about them, overnight. Pull out the straws and flip the tin over on a sheet of waxed paper. The molds should slide out on their own and will still be damp underneath. Allow to sit until completely dry.

Add a string and hang for the birds to enjoy!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! I enjoy reading them all. :)