12/06/2011

Wedding Card & Ornament

I made the card and gift I gave to my sister and husband this weekend. I kept the card simple using a piece of elegant patterned paper from American Crafts. Handwrote the sentiment. And used an ink pad to color the chipboard heart.


Supplies - card: Recollections card & white cardstock; American Crafts patterned paper; Micron black pen; Making Memories chipboard heart; Stampin' Up! ink pad.

The gift idea came from this post. I cut their wedding invitation into small strips, curled them around a pencil and added to a clear ball ornament. I added a few strips of complementary cardstock as well to help fill the ornament entirely. Then finished it off with a satin ribbon bow and tie.


Supplies - ornament: clear ornament; ribbon; wedding invitation.

4 comments:

  1. I've seen a lot of people doing that ornament idea. How can you even tell it's a wedding invitation? Mine weren't all that elaborate but I think I'd feel bad if I knew someone cut up my wedding invitation. In any case it seems to be a popular idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an elegant card and ornament! It's so special to hold the invitation to their wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the card! Simple but incredibly elegant! Have a good day. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I enjoy reading them all. :)