12/17/2010

Christmas Decor

A few of my favorite Christmas decorations in our home this year ...

Dylan's Advent Calendar, a gift from my mother & stepfather last year.  Love that we can reuse this each year and talk to him about the real meaning behind Christmas.  He has such fun putting up each piece (which explains why Joseph is hanging out in the middle of the grass versus in the stable) but doesn't quite understand the "one per day" thing right now.  So there is a lot of signing "more" while repeating "mo, mo."  Totally adorable. :)


Our new wreath card holder.  We don't have a lot of horizontal space to display cards (especially when we are trying to keep them out of little hands) and I have been wanting something like this for years, but not willing to pay the listed price.  Luckily, a few weeks ago when shopping at Michael's, I came across this one marked down to $9.99 and it looks great even without cards over my new green cabinet.


On our buffet, I reworked an existing glass dish.  It originally held 5 short candles along with a few decorative glass balls.  I removed the candles and refilled with pine cones Dylan and I collected from our yard.  Then returned the glass balls for a little "bling."


Accompanying it is a framed copy of our playgroup's photo with Santa.  It was a gift from Stacey to all of us moms.  She found the instructions online (here's the tutorial - Craftily Ever After: 'Christmas Present' Frame) for taking a simple wooden frame and decorating it using paint, wrapping paper, mod podge and a festive bow.  So pretty!

What are your favorite decorations?

3 comments:

  1. HEY! I spy my cute little family! :)

    Love it! I didn't decorate this year. The only decor we have are the cards on the front door and the advent calendar on the fridge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your decor! My favorite decorations are my Peace and Joy decorations that are sitting on my entertainment center.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the card holder!!!

    I love my tree this year and also my nutcracker display. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I enjoy reading them all. :)