5/29/2009

Guard Cat

Last month we purchased a child gate for the nursery to keep the cats out. I confess, it was Trent's idea and I was not convinced it would work. However, so far neither has tried to jump it. They have pushed their faces against the bars a few times to peek in. Occasionally, I'll let them in there with me and give them a chance to sniff around which seems to fill their curiosity for the moment.

The cutest part of this change has been watching Chester become the "guard cat." He spends most nights now sleeping in front of the gate. Here he is this morning practicing his "you must pass me to enter" pose:


I'm curious to see if this continues once the baby arrives or if Chester finds a new, quieter place to hang out.

10 comments:

  1. That is so sweet! :) My kitties would jump that gate faster than I could say Pumpkin & Toro! Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehe

    Shortly after we got Emma, I put up a gate to keep her in the kitchen not knowing how she would be by herself when we weren't home and not wanting to keep her in the kennel. Well she managed to jump the gate and then I got another one to put above that one and she ate her way through the bottom gate. I think I blogged about it with pics. lol.

    Anyway thankfully she's good on her own and hasn't gotten into anything she shouldn't. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes my critters would have jump that too, they don´t understand about limits, maybe if you give him a treat he´ll let you trough faster.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How funny! It's his new spot!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw, that's adorable! What a good guard cat. :) My boys would probably jump it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Too cute! :-) It will be interesting to see how your kitties react to the new baby, when they're used to being the babies of the house!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL! he looks so pretective!!!
    Do you thing they sense what going on? They may feel how that place is so special for you and Trent!
    keep us posted about your cute gards!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ha Ha, what a cutie hanging outside the gate. We use a baby gate to keep Tiger from escaping out the retractable screen door.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's so sweet! I'm voting he'll stay there. Our dog seemed to guard our first child sometimes:) Just don't trip on the poor thing on your way to get Baby in the dark!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I enjoy reading them all. :)