10/31/2011

Happy Halloween!

Saturday was our playgroup's 3rd annual Halloween party. Each family comes dressed in a theme. This year, our family chose Toy Story costumes.

Halloween 2011: Toy Story
Jessie, Buzz Lightyear & Woody
The boys' costumes were easy. Dylan's came from the Disney Store. Trent purchased his shirt online, already owned the handkerchief, and I found his cowboy hat (not pictured) at a kids' consignment sale for $1!

My costume took a tad more work. I did buy the red hat at the Disney Store, but then embellished a plain white shirt with yellow fabric & red stitching and made the chaps. It was all quite easy just a little time consuming as I went slow trying to get it all "just right" and didn't have patterns. I spent a good deal of time studying online images of Jessie, sketching the designs and then trying it all on to get the placement/fit correct. I was pleased with the result though especially when in the midst of picture taking, one of the 2-1/2 year old boys pointed at me and yelled, "Jessie!" Now there's proof of when you nailed a costume. :) Thanks to making this cowgirl's night, G!

And thanks to Allison for taking the photo of our family! :)

7 comments:

  1. This family has rocked Halloween! Great job on the costumes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did such a great job on the Jessie costume! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! I think you could go into business selling that Jesse costume!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You guys are adorable! Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  5. SO AWESOME AND ADORABLE!! I love it. You guys are such a cute family. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Too too cute! :) You really did a great job on your costume!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I enjoy reading them all. :)