8/29/2011

Sidewalk Painting

Dylan & I had a great time mixing up some sidewalk paint using corn starch, food coloring & water thanks to directions from Pink and Green Mama blog. There are no specific measurements - just mix the 3. I second her suggestion of combining the corn starch and food coloring in a muffin tin, carry outside, and then add water. Keeps the mess outside! Very simple project and lots of fun. It kept Dylan entertained for about 30 minutes which is huge for any craft project so we'll definitely be doing this again.

Our paints mid-use ... a little mixed up but still fun!

Focused on painting.

Our completed artwork.

4 comments:

  1. I really like how the colors turned out - looks nice & pastel.

    Would love for you to share on The Sunday Showcase Child Centered Linky Party (open thru Thurs.) http://momto2poshlildivas.blogspot.com/search/label/Sunday%20Showcase

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is awesome!!! This will be perfect for my little guy! Thanks so much for the great idea. I love how the colors turned out.:) Visiting from It's Playtime! I would love it if you stopped by my blog to say hi! :)

    Mandi from boredombustingmommy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am going to have to try this before it gets cold out! Thank you for linking up to The Sunday Showcase.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I enjoy reading them all. :)