6/15/2009

Dinner with Friends

This month I had Theresa's circle journal - Dinner with Friends. I decided to share the crock pot spaghetti & meatballs recipe I came up with last weekend. I wrote the recipe onto a photo card, laminated it and inserted it into a pocket on the second page so it can easily be pulled out to make.


The Making Memories Chloe's Closet line worked perfectly with the colors in my photo and, along with the ribbon & thread on page 2, enabled me to meet the requirements of Jan's "Open that Package" challenge at Scrappin' Mojo. The other inspirations for my design were the Two Peas May Super Sketches class and the Two Peas weekly challenge to stack the title.

Supplies: Making Memories patterned paper, brads, snap, tiny alpha stickers, paper piercer & stitches; Martha Stewart Crafts label sticker; Fontwerks & Daisy Hill alpha stamps; Staz-On black stamp pad; QuicKutz tab die; miscellaneous cardstock; Urban Lily photo card; American Crafts ribbon; Micron black pen; Xyron 510 and laminating cartridge.

7 comments:

  1. HEy Sarah! Great idea to laminate the card! Looks yummy in the pic. Made me think of another subject you should scrap about....Your Pregnancy cravings....My girls are always asking me about things like that and its hard to remember them sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty page! I love the idea of the laminated card for a recipe book. Your spaghetti sounds yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how the title looks and the paper is super pretty, great idea about laminating the recipe card!
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute Sarah! And yum that looks really good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. so cute! love the layout and great idea with laminating the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super idea to make a laminated card - what a great journal to get back :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. very pretty! now I want Chloe's Closet!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I enjoy reading them all. :)