3/18/2013

52 Weeks Photo Book

Blurb has added new photo book templates to its already long list of book options - the Designer Collection. These 7x7 books come in 4 different styles.


I was excited to have an opportunity to try one. I spent a few hours the weekend before last putting it together on Blurb's site. My biggest problem was deciding on an idea for my book. I finally settled on a 52 weeks book using my Instagram photos. I simply linked my Instagram account and began importing the photos I wanted to use. That was my 2nd biggest problem - choosing just one photo for each week of 2012. I selected the Austin book style which gave me space for 4 additional photos on the cover (so, yes, technically, that means I have 52 weeks represented in 56 photos).


I chose to just let the photos be the focus. The only text is on the final page and back cover where I explained the 52 weeks theme and briefly highlight some of the details of the year the photos depict - places, events, people.


My book was delivered on Saturday. It arrived in perfect condition. Nice, hardcover with a dust jacket. Inside, the photos are printed onto premium paper with a lustre finish. It is a good thickness and has a slick feel.


Overall, I'm absolutely thrilled with the book. It's very well put together and showcases my photos nicely. We've all enjoyed thumbing through it reliving little details of 2012. Amazing how much happened in those 52 weeks including all the photos I didn't have room for. Think I might have a new annual project.


If you're interested in making your own book using the Designer Book Templates*, Blurb is offering my readers 20% discount. Enter code DESIGNMYBOOK. Expires 3/31/13 11:59 local time and is only good for the Designer Collection photo book templates.

*Discount fine print: Get 20% USD, AUD, CAD or EUR off your Blurb Designer Bookify product total up to $150. May only be used once per customer and on books created by you. May not be combined with any other coupons, volume discount or applied retroactively to previous orders.

Note: The Designer Collection Photo Book was provided to me for free by Blurb. The opinions expressed are my own.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! I enjoy reading them all. :)